astrology u need search engine

Custom Search

THE BEST ASTROLOGY AND OCCULT BLOG

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Fine Purveyors of Crap and Quackery

To make matters worse, everyone kept requesting all kinds of freaky books (the latest being books on water therapy). Yes, my good public, I am silently (well, not NOW, obviously…now I’m kvetching to everyone) judging you.
Sure, librarians are supposed to look up all requests with a smile and we usually do. Ah, but if you could only hear the internal comments…
So, one day I ended up going to Wikipedia to find some obsc
ure information (a good place for the obscure!) and a coworker saw what website I was on and sniffed, “Harumf, you can’t trust anything from Wikipedia to be true.”
OK, fine. Lots of articles debating this issue back and forth.
But, here’s the real issue: I can say the same for a large part of the books in our library.
Where do we get off criticizing the authority of websites while we regularly hand over copies of
The Secret, loads of books by Sylvia Browne, and tons of books about very questionable medical treatments?!

No comments: